What is JobDUN?
It's is a paid internship programme for Dunedin businesses and tertiary students.
The programme aims to retain skills and talent in Dunedin by helping the city's businesses find tertiary students to meet their business needs.
The programme gives students the chance to meet with Dunedin businesses to discuss internship opportunities that align with their abilities.
Interns from the current intake tell us that the top benefits of completing an JobDUN internship are:
- Building relationships with business people and industry experts
- Working with experienced teams and adding value to a business
You may have the right skills, talents and attitude to land a great internship with an innovative business – Dunedin's business people are keen to meet you.
The next step is to look at the internship opportunities in Meet the Businesses and than see Connecting with Businesses to make contact.
- Your safety and well being is a top priority. If you are unsure about anything related to your internship, or are feeling unsafe, please contact your tertiary provider on the details provided below. If you wish, you can also contact Chanel O'Brien, Enterprise Dunedin at [email protected] or 03 474 3736 to discuss any concerns
- If you are a University of Otago student please contact The Manager, Career Development Centre at [email protected] or 03 479 8243
- If you are an Otago Polytechnic student please contact The Manager, Student Success at [email protected] or 021735100
Tertiary students at any stage of their study can apply for an internship through the programme, provided that they are currently enrolled with a Dunedin-based tertiary institution.
International students studying at a Dunedin-based tertiary institution are eligible to take part in the programme if:
- They can demonstrate that they are allowed to work in New Zealand (check with Immigration New Zealand on http://www.immigration.govt.nz/)
- They are able to speak, read, write and understand English (IELTS 6.0 or above)
The programme gives tertiary students the opportunity to gain valuable work experience with innovative Dunedin businesses who are developing cutting edge products and services.
- Interns are paid for their work
- Interns gain experience in a real-world environment
- One in two interns are offered a position with the business after their internship
Feedback from past interns
“ JobDUN made it so easy for us students to get in contact with some incredible Dunedin-based companies and experience for a short while what working in a real-life industry is like. My internship experience has definitely been one of the highlights of my life so far.”
Research Assistant Intern
“It was a great way to be thrown into the deep end. You have no chance to fake anything. You are who you are and if they like it, then you get in. I like that is so blunt and relies on personality as well as how well you can work under pressure!”
Genetics and Statistics Intern
“JobDUN allowed me to discover positions and businesses that I never knew existed in Dunedin, let alone that I had the skills and experience to work for.”
Media Analyst Intern
Find out about Dunedin businesses
Check out www.dunedinnz.com